.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Galax man injured in fire

-A A +A

A man welding inside a garage at the corner of West Stuart Drive and Boyer Road at 2:49 p.m. on Wednesday suffered second-degree burns when attempting to extinguish a fire, according to Galax Assistant Fire Chief Mark Burnett.

The man “accidentally caught something on fire” while welding, said Burnett. “In the process of trying to put the fire out, he burned his leg.”

The man was transported by Galax-Grayson EMS.

Objects caught on fire in the accident were cardboard boxes and car parts, which the Galax Volunteer Fire Department extinguished while helping the man.