Members of the Galax Volunteer Fire Department visited Mrs. Isom’s class at Galax Elementary School on Jan. 26 for a fire safety talk.
Students learned about smoke alarms and exactly what to do if their smoke alarm goes off inside their home. Students were instructed to “get out and stay out” if the alarm goes off.
“When they get out of the house, go to your family meeting spot, which may be the mailbox, a big tree in the yard, the swing set, or whatever works for their family,” said Fire Capt. Mike Ayers.