A flue fire at Truck Services Enterprises Inc. in Galax on Monday a little after 5 p.m. left no damage or injuries, according to Capt. Mike Ayers of the Galax Volunteer Fire Department.
The problem was caused when a waste oil furnace “happened to malfunction just a little bit, and it caused a bit of a flue fire,” said Ayers. “A stovepipe got so hot it actually lit a little bit of the roof.”
Along with extinguishing it, firefighters cut off the furnace and employees of the business stayed to make sure there were no further problems.