- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Almost a year to the day after a tragic propane tank explosion that killed two and injured three others at a laundromat in Fries, a chillingly similar accident occurred in Galax.
After a car struck the Fries tank on Dec. 10, 2007, leaking gas was ignited by spark from a clothes dryer. The result was a fireball that set a fire station ablaze and a shockwave that heavily damaged a building.
This time, thankfully, no one was injured.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Gazette, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Gazette and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.