- Special Sections
- Public Notices
HILLSVILLE — The Carroll County grand jury certified a charge of rape against a Galax tanning salon owner Monday.
Jimmy Ray Linville’s indictment came among a total of 126 indictments, 20 of which were sealed by the court until those named could be served with warrants.
Linville, 51, owner of Tropical Tanning Salon in downtown Galax, was charged with rape for allegedly having intercourse with a female child of less than 13 years old, according to the indictment.
The Galax Police Department received notification of a complaint that had been placed with Child Protective Services in March.
According to a search warrant filed in Carroll County Circuit Court, investigators seized from Linville’s home in Galax a laptop computer, a camera, a recorder, a hooded jacked and white socks.
The warrant says police were seizing property, including all computers, peripherals and storage devices “that may give evidence to the possession, reproduction or facilitation of child pornography... Any seized evidence will be removed for off-sight forensic examination.”
A court date for Linville is to be set Sept. 26.
An indictment is a formal charge, not a finding of guilt.
The grand jury also certified indictments against:
• Marvin Joel Acosta (also known as Marvin Joel Acosta Carcamo), forgery of a public document, six counts, involving Virginia summons.
• Jerome Anderson, possession of cocaine, a schedule II drug
• Douglas Michael Bolen Jr., possession of methamphetamine, a schedule II drug; possession of a firearm while in possession of a schedule II drug
• Bridgett Monique Brewer, credit card theft from Lea Ann Criner; credit card forgery
• Stanley Davis Brewer, obtaining drugs by false pretenses
• Valentino Cervantes, conspiracy to violate the drug control act involving meth
• Tesheena Edwards Chappell, receiving stolen property
• Amber Rose Cottle, statutory burglary (five counts) from Todd Hill, Michael Aubrey Monroe, Elite Hair Saloon, H&R Block; grand larceny (four counts); destruction of property
• Joshua Lee Crockett, possession of meth
• Joshua Klee Crowder, forgery; obtaining drugs by false pretenses (four counts)
• Robert Dwayne Dalton, two counts of obtaining property by false pretense, bad check
• Bradley Stephen Dunham Jr., statutory burglary and grand larceny from the home of Barry Towe
• Brittany Dawn Elledge, credit card forgery from Janet Banks and conspiracy to commit credit card fraud (three counts)
• Kenneth Ray Elledge Jr., credit card theft from Janet Banks; grand larceny; conspiracy to commit credit card fraud (three counts)
• Ami Michelle Farris, credit card theft from Carl S. Farris Jr.; credit card forgery
• Ashlee Ryan Hackler, statutory burglary from the Galax Pharmacy
• Corey Jaccob Hawks, assault and battery on a police officer
• Marvin Jason Hawks, driving under the influence, third offense in 10 years
• Randy Dean Hawks, possession of meth
• Michael Darin Hudson, forgery and uttering
• Ayesha Kamal, bad check
• Jesse Lee Louise Key, possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute
• Joshua Phillip Lewis, abduction of an individual by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, did seize, take, transport, detain or secrete….[that individual] with the intent to deprive her of her personal liberty.”
• Sharon Kaye Linville, possession of Oxycodone, a schedule II drug
• William Ricky Lovell, possession of meth
• Renee Sue Lucas, robbery “by assault or otherwise putting Stacy Widner in fear of serious bodily harm, rob Stacy Widner of property belonging to CVS Pharmacy;” and conspiring to commit robbery
• Richard Earl Martin, obtaining money by false pretenses, third or subsequent offense (two counts) from Greg’s Core Supply and Gardner’s Pawn Shop
• Anthony Lee McMillian, possession of meth
• Bucky O’Neil Melton, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
• Candice Renee Miller, possession of cocaine
• Zonnia Lynn Quesenberry, possession of meth
• Daniel Dean Reece, shoplifting
• Jeffery Lee Sechrist, enticement or soliciting of child pornography involving a person under the age of 18 “to be the subject of child pornography or knowingly take part in or participate in the photographing or other production of child pornography;” sodomy (four counts) involving two minor children
• Cody Lee Sizemore, grand larceny from Paul Melton; larceny of a firearm; obtaining money by false pretenses
• Brian Richard Sloppy, robbery from CVS Pharmacy; conspiring to commit robbery
• Daniel Lee Smith, assault and battery on a police officer
• Amanda Lee Thomas, shoplifting
• Ashley Nicole Threatt, two counts each of statutory burglary and grand larceny from the homes of Michael Aubrey Monroe II and Todd Hill
• Kelly M. Vaughan, credit card forgery from Lea Ann Criner
• Tiha D. Walls, embezzlement from Walmart
• Worth C. Williams, possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute
• Pamela Sue Woody, fraudulent conversion of leased property
• Stacy Jo Alford, possession of oxycodone; possession of hydrocodone and acetaminophen, schedule III drug; possession of alprazolam, a schedule IV drug; possession of diazepam, a schedule IV drug
• Raymond M. Bolden, possession of oxycodone and acetaminophen
• Ricky Allen Cook Jr., possession of meth
• Jennifer Lynn Dunford, obtaining money by false pretenses
• Randy Dean Hawks, grand larceny of a 1994 F-350 Ford pickup from Michael Claude Edwards
• Sarah Evelyn Hill, possession of a schedule I drug, alphapyrrolidinovalerophenone
• Glen Donald McMillian, possession of meth (two counts); possession of a firearm after being convicted of a violent felony; possession of a firearm while in possession of a schedule II drug (two counts)
• Zachary K. Montgomery, grand larceny from Dwight Turman
• Zonnia Lynn Quesenberry, manufacture of meth
• Edward Lee Rosenberg Jr., statutory burglary from Ollie Jones McCreary and grand larceny