- Special Sections
- Public Notices
HILLSVILLE — The Carroll County Circuit Court recently released several sealed indictments, revealing charges made by the grand jury.
It is common practice for court officials to seal indictments in the interim until those named are officially served.
An indictment is a formal charge, not a finding of guilt, but indicates that the grand jury found enough evidence to go forward with court proceedings.
A number of these indictments were issued at the June 17 grand jury, including:
• Richard Wayne Brooks Jr. - distribution of methamphetamine, a schedule II drug (two counts)
• Charles Terry Smith - possession of a firearm while in possession of a schedule II drug and possession of meth
• Joel Clinton James Armentrout - distribution of meth (two counts)
Unsealed indictments from earlier rounds of grand jury sessions include:
• Lauren Baker - distribution of a schedule II drug (two counts); conspiracy to distribute a schedule II drug
• Ricky David Combs - possession of Hydrocodone, a schedule III drug; possession of Alprazolam, a schedule IV drug
• James Richard Grimes - possession of meth
• Roger Jessup Hiatt - distribution of meth
• Roger Ernest Hiatt - distribution of meth
• Elmer Lee Ramsey-Long - distribution of meth
• Rebecca Dawn Radcliff - conspiracy to distribute meth