- Special Sections
- Public Notices
By LARRY CHAMBERS
INDEPENDENCE — A Grayson County Circuit Court grand jury met last Friday and returned 29 indictments against 10 people.
A Troutdale man, Frank Jermaine Valentine, 28, was indicted on a charge of abducting a 15-year-old juvenile, according to the arrest warrant.
Valentine was arrested by Cpl. Adam Horton of the Grayson County Sheriff’s Department and placed in the New River Valley Regional Jail in Dublin.
The charge is a Class 5 felony. He is being represented by Independence attorney Jonathon Venzie.
An indictment indicates that a grand jury found sufficient evidence for a case to go to trial, and does not indicate guilt. All of those indicted are innocent until proven guilty.
Others indicted were:
• Cody Kyle Bourne — manufacture marijuana not for personal use.
• Gladys Marie Bach — attempted possession of a firearm after having been convicted of a felony.
• Joshua Brandon Mau — giving false statement on consent form; attempted possession of a firearm after having been convicted of a felony.
• Rhyan Lee Isom — obtain money by fraud; forgery; two counts of uttering a forged document.
• Christopher Eric Wyatt — forgery.
• Michael Dale Gilbert — assault on a police officer; abduction.
• Richard Corey Ashcraft — unauthorized use of a vehicle; forgery.
• Charles C. Ballard Jr. — possession of ammunition after having been convicted of a felony; possession of a firearm after having been convicted of a felony.
• Joseph Dale Tate — sale, gift or distribution of a schedule II controlled substance (methamphetamine).