- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The Galax Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 5:16 a.m. Saturday morning, located at 408 Mockingbird Lane in the Oldtown section of Grayson County, according to a fire department press release.
The fire was contained to the living room area, but the home suffered extensive smoke and heat damage. Naomi McKinney, a resident of the home, stated that she had left a candle burning and that it apparently had started the fire. The home is owned by Conley Kyle of Galax.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Gazette, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.