- Special Sections
- Public Notices
By LARRY CHAMBERS
INDEPENDENCE — Five Grayson County Circuit Court grand jury indictments have been unsealed and the suspects arrested.
An indictment is a formal charge, not a finding of guilt.
• Edward Dean Howard Jr., 34, of Independence — one count of assault by mob. The indictment accuses Howard of being a member of a mob to maliciously shoot, stab, cut or wound Jesus Herrera Ramirez.
• Nicole Henderson Armstrong of Mouth of Wilson — three counts of possession with intent to manufacture a schedule I or II drug (methamphetamine) and one count of abuse or child neglect.
• Branden Eric Grubb, 27, of Troutdale — one count of animal fighting.
• Richard Scott Anders Jr., 42, of Galax — one count of aggravated sexual battery.
• Kimberly Ann Edwards, 28, of Elk Creek — two counts conspiring unauthorized use of food stamps.