- Special Sections
- Public Notices
INDEPENDENCE — A Fries man was indicted on 39 counts of child pornography by a Grayson County Circuit Court grand jury last Friday.
David Allen Kirby, 41, was formally charged with six counts of possession of child pornography; 14 counts of possession of child pornography — second or subsequent violations; and 19 counts of reproduction or distribution of child pornography — second or subsequent violations.
An indictment is a formal charge, not a finding of guilt.
Also indicted Friday was Candi Freeman Carico, 37, of Independence, on one count of solicitation of murder.
Carico was arrested May 27 by Grayson County Sheriff’s Department investigators and charged with criminal solicitation to commit murder.
Police received an anonymous tip about an alleged plot to kill Carico’s estranged husband, Tim Carico. According to a criminal complaint filed in Grayson General District Court, she allegedly asked an unidentified acquaintance while talking on the telephone to kill her husband.
She is being held at the New River Valley Regional Jail in Dublin without bond.
Other indictments included:
• Rex Chester Bobbitt — sale, gift, or distribution of a schedule III controlled substance (hydrocodone-acetaminophen).
• Darby Christopher Hill — sale, gift, or distribution of a schedule III controlled substance (hydrocodone).
• James St. Clair Dunn — felony bad check.
• Misty Dawn Jones — two counts of uttering a forged document.
• Nicole Marie Burcham — two counts of abuse or child neglect.
• Dennis Carvin Woods — giving false statement on consent form.
• Jamie Dale Ford — two counts of assault on law enforcement. He is accused of assaulting Cpt. James Cox and Sgt. Shawny Jones of the Galax Police Department.
• Amber Leigh Sexton — possession of a schedule I or II controlled substance (methamphetamine).
• Nathan Joe Dowell — possession of a schedule I or II controlled substance (methamphetamine).
• Charles Lorne Nester — possession of a firearm after having been convicted of a felony.
• David Jordan Cressell — giving firearm to a felon.
• Johnny Buchanan Gibney — sale, gift, distribution of marijuana; manufacture marijuana not for personal use.
• Jason Henry Brown — credit card fraud; identity theft.
• Kenneth Joseph Thomas — indecent liberties with child by custodian.