.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire drives Cana family out of home

-A A +A

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation

 

CANA — A family in Cana woke up to a home full of smoke early Tuesday morning and managed to escape the flames, according to emergency officials.

The Cana Fire Department received a call to a house fire at the family home of Wayne McMillian on Duck Lane near Bear Trail, shortly before 2 a.m. Tuesday, Chief Richard Sowers reports. 

"One of the daughters woke up and couldn't breathe and the house was full of smoke," he said. 


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Gazette, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account

If you are new to the award winning Gazette and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.

ZIP Code:



Create a limited access account.
Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.

The Gazette | circulation@galaxgazette.com | 276-236-5178 ex 204
P.O. Box 68, 108 West Stuart Drive, Galax, VA 24333
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday