.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire damages home in Hillsville

-A A +A
By Staff Reports

HILLSVILLE — A space heater apparently caused a Nov. 23 fire at 569 Sylvatus Highway Nov. 23 at approximately 1 a.m.
Hillsville Fire Department volunteers responded to the Star trailer park, owned by Emory Bearden and rented by Curtis Keith to house several seasonal workers for the Christmas tree harvest, according to emergency officials.
“Fire started from a space heater that set a wall on fire, then the electrical circuit shorted out and burned a small amount under the trailer,” firefighters said in a news release.
One of the occupants sustained a cut to the leg, possibly while trying to escape the fire.
Damage to the trailer was estimated at around $2,000.
Red Cross is assisting the fire victims.