.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire burns home in Carroll

-A A +A
By Christopher Brooke, Reporter

 

Previous
Play
Next

HILLSVILLE — An April 23 fire that apparently started in a shed at 665 Gardners Mill Road also burned brush and damaged part of a home after spreading.
Hillsville Fire Department volunteers received a report of a structure fire at the shed at 4:19 p.m..
Responders found the building engulfed in flames, which threatened to spread to the nearby mobile home, according to emergency officials.
A possible cause was a power tool, which may have been hot from use, that was stored in the shed.
Firefighters suppressed the flames, but the fire caused damage to the south end of the home before it could be put out. It also burned part of the hill next to the road.
Occupant Dan Richardson received aid from the American Red Cross Disaster Action Team for assistance with a place to stay.
Hillsville received assistance from Carroll Fire Rescue and Galax Volunteer Fire Department.