- Special Sections
- Public Notices
HILLSVILLE — The Carroll County Circuit Court recently released these indictments, which had previously been sealed.
It is common for the court to seal its paperwork until after the person named in the indictment has been served with warrants.
An indictment is a formal charge, not a finding of guilt.
Named in these indictments were:
• John Ray Sutphin — possession of methamphetamine, a schedule II drug, issued in June 2008.
• Kenneth Dale Dalton — possession of meth
• David Allen Rutherford — possession of marijuana with intent to distribute; possession of morphine, a schedule II drug; possession of meth; possession of Psilocyn, a schedule I drug
• Gary Dean Fielder — distribution of a schedule IV drug, Xanax (two counts)
• George Albert Harper III — distribution of imitation controlled substance, representing it to be heroin (three counts)
• Stanley Wayne Cook — manufacture of marijuana
• Walter Kent Newman — possession of Psilocyn; possession of meth; possession of morphine; possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute
• Jorge Miranda Ramos — possession of meth
• Benjamin Ryan Sy — possession of meth