.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

CVS fire under investigation

-A A +A
By April Wright, Reporter

A fire that started in a plastic trash container outside of CVS in Galax on Sept. 3 caused moderate damage to the building, said Galax Fire Chief David Hankley.

The fire department responded to the call at about 10:30 p.m. after a passerby saw the fire in the trash can.

Hankley said the fire spread up to the facade, and smoke extended into the store. He is unsure of how the fire started, but the fire is being investigated.

CVS reopened the next day.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Gazette, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 3 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Gazette | circulation@galaxgazette.com | 276-236-5178 ex 204
P.O. Box 68, 108 West Stuart Drive, Galax, VA 24333
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday