- Special Sections
- Public Notices
HILLSVILLE — One new charge has been placed against 21-year-old David Levelle Richardson of Galax, who is accused in the first-degree murder of a 27-year-old Hillsville man May 18.
Richardson already faced charges of first-degree murder of Bryon Jordan Wilson, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm as a convicted felon and discharging a firearm in an occupied dwelling.
On Monday, the Carroll grand jury issued indictments on those charges and added one additional direct indictment — possession of ammunition after being convicted of a felony.
Indictments are formal charges, not a finding of guilt.
Authorities have said that horseplay between the two men turned into something more violent at a party May 18 at a Pipers Gap home.
Witnesses from the party testified at Richardson's preliminary hearing that Wilson struck Richardson in the head with a wrench in a bathroom, and then Wilson was killed by a gunshot to the chest.
The grand jury on Monday issued 143 indictments in all, with 18 sealed by the court until those named could be served with warrants.
The indictments include:
• Debra Lynn Gravely — robbery of Woodforest Bank of cash, putting Michelle Leftwich in fear of serious bodily harm.
This charge against the 54-year-old Ivanhoe woman arose from the Aug. 4 robbery of the bank inside the Galax Walmart store.
• William Melton Muma Jr. — robbery. The indictment says Muma “did by assault or otherwise putting Cody Cole in fear of serious bodily harm, rob Cody Cole of property belonging to CVS Pharmacy” and used a firearm in the commission of a felony.
The robbery on Jan. 2 at CVS occurred when a subject dressed all in black jumped the pharmacy counter and demanded prescription drugs.
The Hillsville Police Department got a break when they found the suspect incarcerated in another jurisdiction and the department's investigator interviewed the man.
• David Allen Bledsoe — possession of methamphetamine, a schedule II drug; shoplifting, third offense; assault and battery on Capt. James Cox
• Timothy Ray Blevins — distribution of marijuana, third or subsequent offense
• William Franklin Bobbitt Jr. — obtaining a drug by false pretenses (two charges)
• William Ray Bobbitt — malicious wounding of a minor child; abuse and neglect of a child
• Douglas Michael Bolen Jr. — statutory burglary from the home of Ricky Sizemore; grand larceny; larceny of a firearm, a Smith & Wesson handgun
• Brenda Annette Brooks — obtaining money by false pretenses
• Jonathan Lee Cagle — forgery of a public document
• Chris Robert Childress — statutory burglary from the home of Robert Caldwell; malicious wounding; robbery
• Jerry Wayne Church Jr. — statutory burglary (6 counts) from the Shorts Creek Church of God, St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Woodlawn Church of God, Woodlawn Pentecostal Holiness Church, Trinity Baptist Church, Mitchell’s Chapel Church; destruction of church property (6 counts)
• Melvin Shane Clodfelter — statutory burglary from a storage building of William Taylor’s; grand larceny
• Houston Alexander Coker — obtaining a drug by false pretenses and uttering
• Teresa Lynn Cox — forgery and uttering (two counts each)
• Mark Lee Cruise — grand larceny from Alley’s Used Cars; destruction of property
• Kimberly Ann Edwards — statutory burglary from the home of Robert Caldwell; malicious wounding; robbery
• Ashley John Hylton — grand larceny of Linda Lambert’s property
• Danielle Marie Longobardi — obtaining a drug by false pretenses
• Grady Wayne Loudy — assault and battery on Officer M.G. Burnett; bribery of Burnett
• Sereda J. McGlothlin — bad check; obtaining a drug by false pretenses
• Travis S. Nester — bad check
• Michael Kevin Payne — shooting into an occupied vehicle
• Rogelio Solis Perez — aggravated sexual battery against a female child between the ages of 13 and 17; and by direct indictment, rape of a female child less than 13 years old (seven counts); incest (seven counts)
• Gregory Scott Poovey — violation of the habitual offender statute
• David Mark Rippey — shoplifting, third offense
• Krystal Ann Rosier — abuse and neglect of a child
• Jerry Wayne Sawyers — possession of meth with intent to distribute
• Tommy Mack Small — hit and run; possession of Oxycodone, a schedule II drug
• Tony Linwood Viars — manufacture of marijuana
• Brandon David Viers — assault and battery on Deputy B.D. Lineberry
• Thomas Lester Webb — embezzlement from Puckett’s Produce
• Crystal Laverne Williams — possession of cocaine, a schedule II drug; violation of the habitual offender statute
• Reimund Alexander Wright — abuse and neglect of a child (two counts)
• Sarah Nicole Austin — obtaining drugs by false pretenses (three counts)
• Johnathan Alley Wayne Caviness — grand larceny from Terry Semones
• Curtis Lee Crotts Jr. — receiving stolen property
• Kimberly Dawn Dalton — perjury to a magistrate
• Lonnie Joe Dice — forgery; uttering; obtaining money by false pretenses
• Paul Douglas Gsell — statutory burglary from the home of Christine Eva and grand larceny
• Michael Darin Haynes — forgery and uttering (four counts each)
• Corey Dean Hodges — possession stolen property
• Kevin Keith Hodges — grand larceny; possession of stolen property
• Jenny M. Linville — obtaining drugs by false pretenses (11 counts)
• Keith Allen Sparks, —possession of meth with intent to distribute
• Misti Dawn Tolliver — grand larceny from Pepsi (three counts); destruction of property (three counts)