- Special Sections
- Public Notices
HILLSVILLE — Carroll County Circuit Court recently released indictments that had been previously sealed.
It's common practice for the court to seal direct indictments until the persons named can be served with warrants.
An indictment is only a formal charge, not a finding of guilt.
Unsealed indictments include:
• Gregory Harris Combs — distribution of imitation controlled substance, representing it to be methamphetamine, and conspiracy to violate the drug control act.
• Shannon Dale Winesett — possession of meth, a schedule II drug
• Fred Ward Currin — possession of stolen property
• Joseph Glenn Bobbitt — statutory burglary from the basement of Michael Nester and grand larceny
• Jeffrey Alan Brannock — distribution of meth (two counts)
• Amanda Lynn Beeman — malicious wounding against Ivy Denise Brown
• Ronnie Allen Thompson Jr. — statutory burglary from Mount Sinai Church and grand larceny.
• Lindsay Brooke Compton — possession of meth with the intent to distribute and distribution of a schedule II drug
•Jose Louis Nieto — possession of a schedule III drug, hydrocodone and acetaminophen
• Melissa Whiteted — forgery and uttering, three counts each
• Thomas Glenn Harmon — possession of meth
• Rachel Marie Lineberry — possession of meth
• Amanda Pickett — public assistance fraud, from the Carroll County Department of Social Services for food stamps and TANF, three counts
• Charles Walter Dycus Jr. — possession of schedule IV drug, Clonazepan, grand larceny from Doug Sappenfield, burglary at the home of Michael P. Gatchel and larceny of a firearm
• Winfield Shane Dawson — statutory burglary from India Reeves